Saturday, July 13, 2013

Chaffees! And my first go round with pigments.

(EDIT: The original pics I posted were actually from before the binder and varnish dried completely apparently and boy what a difference it makes. Now updated with the "dry" pics)

Historicon is coming up and me and my homie Ben have brewed up an insane doubles list.

As part of it I finally got a chance to paint up some Chaffee's. I really think these tanks are the coolest looking American tanks of the war and I've been looking for an excuse to paint up the big Reccee box of them I bought a while back.

So, I painted up 12 of them. MUAH. I'm only showing off five of them today. Why? Because I've also been looking for a good excuse to play with the Mig Flames of War pigment set. I'm not sure how they turned out as I don't really have a frame of reference.

I think they look pretty darn cool, but I'm hoping to get some more opinions on this as well.

I took the instructions WWPD forumite and fellow blogger SonBae put up on his awesome blog which essentially comes down to: Matte varnish the tanks, apply pigment binder (I used Vallejo Pigment Binder), tap on your pigment to taste, apply another layer of binder and then varnish to lock it all down.

My goal was to go for a platoon of 5 Chafee's that looked like they had been through some serious urban combat ala Metz.

Let me know what you think!


I got a new phone and while the camera is far better than my old one in terms of spec's I'm still figuring out how to get it to take good mini shots. Bear with me as I re-calibrate.




As always, way more after the break.




















No comments:

Post a Comment