Tuesday, August 7, 2012

"Not One Step Back!" Rotny's Russian Rifles (Part 1)

(Throcknote: Rotny's first solo post! Welcome him to his big boy pants!)

Hello all! Rotny here, and after a sufficient does of shame from Crazy "Lightning Brush" Yank and Throck on the painting front, I decided this blog needed some decidedly less bourgeois miniature soldiers. So I bring you the first platoon of painted Russian Riflemen from my Strelkovy Battalion... one part of my ever growing 3rd Ukrainian Front themed army of a melange of Czechs, Poles and Russians... Lions, Eagles and Bears, Oh my!

These are made up of the Russian Infantry in Summer Uniform from PSC, and painted with a mix of ranges. Army Painter British Armour Italy basecoat (sprayed on), followed by a drybrush of GW Tallarn Sand (slightly lighter, gives a subtle highlight), then pick out packs and bags in GW Rakarth Flesh, Rifles in GW Boltgun Metal, and Helmets and Canteens in GW Castellan Green... then the obligatory wash of Devlan Mud/Agrax Earthshade.

I always welcome constructive feedback, so I'd love to hear your thoughts! Glad to finally join the 'Show and Tell' series!
Strelkovy Company, First Platoon on a stroll


Leytenant Yablokov
Rifle/MG
Ukrainian Niiiiightsss!!!

And as an added bonus, a T-34/85 of the Czechoslovak 1st Tank Brigade, Rotny Petr Vana's own 'Lucky 13', Hero of Sealion:




Thanks for looking! More to come, and hey, 7 down and only... um... 35 more to go... :(

2 comments:

  1. They look really good. I used Army Painter Bleached Bone and then dipped mine and they came out a bit light, yours look good. The only suggestions I have would be to add some silfor tufts to the base to make them a bit more interesting.

    ReplyDelete